Prevention Starts Here
Safety Management Manual gives Master and crews rights. It sets out roles for crews on board which they can work together to make workplaces safer.
Find out about health and safety concerns.
1. Master and Crews have the right to:
- Know about hazards and how to handle the situation.
- Refuse work if unsafe & find out a solution on overcoming the unsafe working environment
2. Master and Crews must:
- Follow the company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Wear and use the proper protective equipment and attires provided by their company .
- Report any hazards or injuries to Master and company immediately.
3. Company must:
- Ensure Master and crews know about hazards and dangers by providing information, instruction on how to work safely.
- Ensure Master and crews know what is required to protect workers’ health and safety on the job.
- Create workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure everyone follows the law and the workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Do everything reasonable in the circumstances to protect Master and crews from being hurt or getting into incidents or accidents